Equine law is a common area of agriculture law that relates to horse breeders, boarding barns, trainers, horse-related businesses, horse event hosts and individual horse owners. Hoggatt Law Group can assist horse owners, associations, business, professionals, insurers, event sponsors, competitors, facilities, clinicians, and more with aspects including:
- General Equine and Horse Law
- Equine-related contracts (e.g. purchase & sales agreements, leases, stallion service contracts, breeding contracts, liability waivers/releases, facility use agreements, boarding contracts, and training agreements)
- Setting up equine business entities
- Equine related real estate transactions and ranch matters
- Resolution of equine ownership disputes
- Disputes involving breaches of professional duties such as sales agents, trainers, stables, etc.
- Advise equine industry clubs and associations regarding management, rules, bylaws, disputes, and regulations
- Risk management consulting to help avoid liability for equine facility operators, event sponsors, horse owners, etc.
- Issues before The Louisiana Racing Commission
- Represent individuals, businesses, and/or associations when disputes arise out of equine related matters or transactions